APPLY: 2023 TETFund Alliance For Innovative Research Program for Nigerian Researchers & Academics
The TETFund Alliance for Innovative Research Program is a year-long initiative funded by TETFUND. It presents an exclusive opportunity for researchers and academics in Nigerian Universities to translate their concepts into market-oriented solutions, encompassing the creation and construction of prototypes.
Handpicked teams of researchers and academic faculty with innovative ideas aligned with our focus areas will undergo a comprehensive process that integrates technology and product development, culminating in venture creation.
- Host: Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN)
- Category: Training| Fellowships
- Eligible Country: Nigeria
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | Accommodation | Daily Stipends | Grants
- Deadline: November 5, 2023
Originally established as the Education Trust Fund (ETF) under Act No. 7 of 1993, later amended by Act No. 40 of 1998 (now replaced by the Tertiary Education Trust Fund Act 2011), the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) operates as an intervention agency. Its primary purpose is to offer additional support to all levels of public tertiary institutions. The agency focuses on utilizing funding and efficient project management to rehabilitate, restore, and strengthen tertiary education across Nigeria.
- Agriculture and Food Technology
- Environment, Energy & Circular Economy
- Health & Accessibility
- Information Communication Technology
- Transportation, Aviation & Shipping
- Streamlining / Improving Production Process
To be considered for the fellowship, you must:
- You should be a team of between 2 to 4 researchers/academic staff, from a Nigerian university (TETFund enlisted beneficiary Institution). Your idea should be one of our areas of focus. Your vice chancellor’s office would need to approve your nomination by signing an endorsement form.
- Your team should include multidisciplinary complementary skills that can potentially take the idea (with our help and mentorship) from an idea, through the development and fabrication of the prototype to a market-driven product.
- A member who has an idea for an innovative solution and has relevant knowledge and skills.
- A member who has additional complementary relevant skills (technical/scientific/mechanical/medical/engineering, depends on your area of focus).
- A member with financial/business/entrepreneurial skills or orientation.
- Your innovation should be at the idea stage or early stages of development.
- Ideally, your invention should include a hardware/physical element (Not only digital elements)
Duration and Reward
The 12 month journey runs both in person and online and includes:
- Practical training, tailored mentorship, integration of tools for entrepreneurial and creative thinking and behavior, business model development, alongside product and technology development methodologies, advanced design methods, and familiarity with the world of patents and economic aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Access to the INNOV8 HUB in Abuja – an ultramodern fabrication and innovation center designated for the development of prototypes with the support of professional experts.
- An all-expense paid training in Abuja which will cover flights, accommodation, feeding and daily stipends.
- Opportunity to showcase the innovations to relevant potential design partners/ strategic partners/ investors (local and foreign)
- The journey is designed and facilitated in collaboration with international experts from the acclaimed Zell entrepreneurship program. The technology development journey will include hands-on support from experts in collaboration with Makelab.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.