Study-In-Germany: 2024 United Nations University (UNU) Scholarships For International Students
The United Nations University (UNU) Scholarships, part of the Joint Master’s Programme, is included in a specially selected group of international postgraduate programs supported by the EPOS funding scheme provided by the Germany Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
This joint M.Sc. program equips postgraduate students with comprehensive knowledge, critical comprehension, strategies, and tools necessary to adopt an interdisciplinary approach in addressing environmental risks and human security. It is the third study program in Bonn to be accepted into the DAAD funding scheme, joining the ZEF Doctoral Studies program and the ARTS study program offered by the Faculty of Agriculture, University of Bonn.
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships| Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipends
- No IELTS Required
The United Nations University World Institute for Development Economics Research offers economic analysis and policy guidance, striving to foster sustainable and fair development worldwide. The Institute was established over three decades ago in Helsinki, Finland, serving as the inaugural research center of the United Nations University.
The inception of this Master’s program stems from a fruitful partnership between the University of Bonn’s Department of Geography and the United Nations University. It stands as a significant stride in the global expansion efforts of the University of Bonn and receives support from the German agency, DAAD.
Eligible candidates should fulfill the following requirements in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s programme:
- Being a candidate from a “Developing Country” (according to the classification of the DAAD)
- Having at least two years of practical work experience (e.g. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector) in a field related to the study programme
- Having graduated with the Bachelor no longer than five years ago
- Having completed no other Master in a similar field of studies
- Aiming at a career as a practitioner in a field related to the programme of study
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Successful applicants will be funded to cover all expenses directly related to the study programme as well as their cost of living in Bonn.
Method of Application
- Students wishing to be considered for these scholarships need to apply for the programme as well by filling the applications forms for the DAAD; acceptance to the former does not guarantee acceptance to the latter.
- The selection process for the EPOS funding among shortlisted candidates will happen between February and April each year.
- Candidates that do not fulfill the EPOS requirements but wish to benefit from financial support during their studies are invited to apply individually and early to other available funding programmes in Germany.