Scholarships play a pivotal role in shaping the educational landscape, providing access to quality education for deserving individuals. One such notable initiative is the CDA Scholarship Program, a beacon of hope for students striving to achieve academic excellence amidst financial constraints.
In today’s competitive academic environment, access to education is not just a privilege but a fundamental right. The CDA Scholarship Program stands as a testament to this belief, aiming to empower bright minds with the means to pursue their educational dreams.
CDA Scholarship Program
CDA Application Fee Scholarship
The CDA Application Fee Scholarship is for anyone who has not yet applied to the Council for Professional Recognition for their initial CDA or renewal and meets eligibility requirements. This award is paid directly to The Council to cover a portion of the application fee.
After notifying the recipient, Child Care Aware of Minnesota will set up a voucher with the Council for Professional Recognition to cover $300 of the initial CDA application cost. The recipient will pay the difference. For renewals, the voucher will cover $75 of the CDA renewal application cost. The recipient will pay the difference. Applicants are limited to receiving funding for one Initial CDA and one renewal.
You may apply for a CDA Application and Training Reimbursement after you have received your CDA certificate.
A scholarship cannot be awarded to anyone who has utilized another grant for CDA application expenses or if the employer pays for application expenses as a benefit to staff.
CDA Application Fee and Training Reimbursement
The CDA Application Fee and Training Reimbursement is for anyone who has received a new CDA certificate within one year of the first day of the application round and meets eligibility requirements. Reimbursement is paid directly to the awardee.
The portion of the application fee paid by the awardee (either $125 or $425 for an initial CDA, or $50 or $125 for a renewal) will be reimbursed. Training costs are reimbursed at the rate of $5 per hour up to a maximum of $600 for an initial CDA and $225 for a renewal. Training that is more than 5 years old cannot be reimbursed. Applicants are limited to receiving funding for one Initial CDA and one renewal.
Reimbursement cannot be awarded to anyone who has utilized another grant for CDA expenses or if the employer pays for training and application expenses as a benefit to staff.
CDA Professional Development Specialist Stipend
CDA Professional Development Specialists (PD Specialists) work for the Council for Professional Recognition. They assess a CDA candidates’ competencies and facilitate reflective conversations with the candidates during an observation visit. The CDA Professional Development Specialist Stipend is a supplement to the honorarium that a PD Specialist receives from the Council for Professional Recognition upon completion of a CDA verification visit.
The $300 stipend per visit is limited to PD Specialists who have completed a verification visit for educators who completed the Child Development Associate Learning Community or the Infant Toddler Child Development Associate Learning Community, and/or educators who have received a CDA Application Fee Scholarship Award.
To be eligible for CDA Scholarship, an applicant should meet the criteria listed below:
- Have a minimum of a High School Diploma/ GED
- Have a valid CPR/ First Aid Certification Card
- Have at least 480 hours of professional experience working with young children within the last 5 years
- Have worked in an affiliate EFS child care center for (6) months prior to applying for a scholarship
- Currently work a minimum of 30 hours per week in an affiliate EFS child care center
- Agree to work with the same age group you worked with when starting the CDA, through completion of the CDA
- Agree to continue to work with your affiliate EFS child care center for one year after receiving your CDA
- Agree to commit to a 20 week regular (120 hours of classroom instruction), blended (60 hours of classroom instruction and 60 hours of self-paced learning), or fast-track (3 months with no more than 2 absences) class
- Agree to complete all of the requirements as outlined by the Council for Professional Recognition to obtain your CDA credential
- Agree to complete the CDA observation visit and exam within 3 months of completion of the CDA course
Steps in the CDA Scholarship Project
- Once you sign and upload your CDA Scholarship Project Agreement, you will receive an email from your CDA Specialist within five business days. They will set up a time to discuss the project with you and get you started on your way to the CDA.
- After creating a personal login at www.cdascholarshipmo.org, you will upload the documents you collected.
- When you are ready to apply for your CDA, Child Care Aware® of Missouri pays your $425 CDA application fee and submits your application to the Council for Professional Recognition.
- Once you earn your CDA Credential, Child Care Aware® of Missouri pays you $215 and six months later (as long as you stay at your original child care program) another $215!
In conclusion, the CDA Scholarship Program is not just about financial aid; it’s about unlocking doors to a brighter future. By recognizing the potential within every individual, the program stands as a beacon of hope, fostering a community where education knows no bounds. As we celebrate the success stories and look towards the future, the impact of the CDA Scholarship Program reverberates through generations, shaping a society where education is truly a force for positive change.
FAQs about CDA Scholarships
1. Is the CDA Scholarship Program only for specific fields of study?
- No, the program offers scholarships across a diverse range of academic disciplines.
2. How can I increase my chances of securing a CDA scholarship?
- Besides meeting eligibility criteria, actively engage in community service and showcase your achievements and aspirations in your application.
3. Are CDA scholarships renewable each year?
- Scholarship renewal depends on academic performance and adherence to program guidelines.
4. Can international students apply for CDA scholarships?
- Yes, the program is open to both domestic and international students.
5. What sets the CDA Scholarship Program apart from others?
- The program not only provides financial support but also emphasizes mentorship, community engagement, and skill development, creating a holistic support system for scholars.