Dischem Programme 2023
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is offering an opportunity for a Dispensary Support Learner to join our team. The primary objective of this role is to engage learners capable of successfully undertaking and completing the basic pharmacist assistant course.
Dischem Programme Advert
- Location: Gauteng
- Closing Date: Thursday,2 June 2023 – 12:00
This course aims to equip learners with a comprehensive understanding of the fundamental principles in various areas within the pharmaceutical environment, emphasizing quality on-the-job learning. Key responsibilities include:
- Selling Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assisting in the compounding, manipulation, or preparation of non-sterile medicines or scheduled substances following approved formulas and Standard Operating Procedures outlined by the responsible pharmacist.
- Participating in the unpacking, merchandising of stock, and cleaning of the dispensary and OTC shelves, as approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Undertaking other duties assigned by the Dispensary Manager.
- Learning to accurately interpret scripts and behaving professionally and responsibly, adhering to legal requirements set by the South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Ensuring accurate picking, packing, labeling, and checking of medication, being aware of common dosages and crucial drug interactions.
- Verifying that all medications are accurately checked and signed by a pharmacist.
- Assisting in the control of stock, managing cleanliness, organizing shelves, and monitoring the expiry dates of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Following up with patients on script tracking reports and appointments as directed by the dispensary manager.
- Assisting with call center scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Providing health-related information to individuals.
- Assisting with scheme authorization for chronic, HIV and AIDS, and oncology medication.
- Reporting low or out-of-stock levels and stock errors to the dispensary manager.
- Receiving dispensary stock in accordance with the company’s SOP.
Minimum Requirements to Dischem Programme:
- Grade 12, Matric, or Senior Certificate with Mathematics (HG), Life Science, and/or Physical Science, with a minimum average of 50%.
How to Apply to Dischem Programme