Education is the cornerstone of personal growth and societal progress. The Elk Foundation Scholarship stands as a beacon, providing not just financial support but also fostering a sense of responsibility toward elk conservation. In this article, we will look into the eligibility criteria, application process, features, and the overall impact of this unique scholarship program.
Elk Foundation Scholarship
Elks National Foundation’s Most Valuable Student Scholarships is a partially funded undergraduate scholarship for American students. This scholarship provides up to $12,500 per year for a four-year degree.
Since 1931, the Elks National Foundation has helped students recognize their academic dreams. Each year, we award more than $3 million in college scholarships to at least 800 outstanding, service-minded high school seniors.
The Elks National Foundation Most Valuable Student scholarship contest is open to any high school senior who is a U.S. citizen. Applicants must advance through local, district, and state levels to reach the national competition. The top national finalists will be selected to attend a Leadership Weekend, hosted in Chicago, IL. The Elks National Foundation will award 500 prestigious, four-year scholarships to the highest-rated applicants in the competition.
The scholarship is awarded with the aim of making education easier for needy students. They are awarded a scholarship, which is expected to cover their tuition fees, living expenses, and other miscellaneous costs. The student must have leadership abilities to win this scholarship.
- Almost 500 students from all around the US are awarded this scholarship each year. The candidate must be competent to advance through the local and district level competition to finally make it to the national level competition and stand among the 500 candidates.
- The scholarship amount may range from $4,000 to $30,000, depending upon the rank you achieved during the competition. It will be awarded to candidates pursuing their four-year degree program from any accredited US university. The candidate must be taking the degree on a full-time basis.
- The top three places are typically announced late in April.
Who is Eligible?
- For the 2024 contest, any child or grandchild (or step-child, step-grandchild, or legal ward) of a living Elk who joined the order on or before April 1, 2021, or a charter member of a Lodge that was instituted on or after April 1, 2021, is eligible to apply. The Elk must also be a paid-up member through March 31, 2024. Great-grandchildren are not eligible.
- The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The applicant must apply online only. The 2024 Legacy Awards application deadline is February 5, 2024, at 11:59 a.m. Pacific Time.
- If the applicant’s parent and grandparent are both Elk members, the applicant must apply through the parent’s Elks Lodge.
- We have waived the standardized test requirement for the 2024 Legacy contest. You do not need to submit ACT and/or SAT scores.
- Students may apply for more than one ENF scholarship; however, they may win only one. In cases where the student wins more than one, we will award the scholarship with the greater value. Students can accept local and state scholarships, which are separate from the awards at the national level.
- Legacy Awards may only be applied to accredited US American schools, colleges or universities. (Note: Applicants from Guam, Panama, Puerto Rico, and the Philippines may apply for Legacy Awards toward schools, colleges, or universities in their respective homes.)
- If you are selected as a 2024 Legacy Awards recipient, you will be required to perform three instances of service with an Elks Lodge during the four years you are receiving the scholarship. Click here for more information about serving with the Elks.
How Do I Apply, and What Are the Deadlines?
Eligible students should apply in the following manner:
- The student must complete and submit the ONLINE application. The 2024 Legacy Awards application deadline is February 5, 2024, at 11:59 a.m. Pacific Time.
- The Elk sponsor’s membership will be verified through the BPOE Grand Lodge headquarters.
- When a student registers to complete the online application, both the applicant and the Lodge Secretary will be notified by email.
- If you have questions about your online Legacy Awards application, contact the ENF Scholarship Office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our Legacy Awards FAQ page.
- Upon receipt of the application, the applicant will receive a notification that the application was received. Winners will be announced in late April 2024.
In conclusion, the Elk Foundation Scholarship is not just about financial aid; it’s a gateway to a brighter future intertwined with a commitment to conservation. As we wrap up, the significance of this scholarship in shaping the next generation of environmental stewards is emphasized.
3. Is the scholarship available for international students?
As of the latest information, the Elk Foundation Scholarship is primarily available to U.S. citizens. However, it’s advisable to check the latest eligibility criteria on the official website.
4. Is the Elk Foundation Scholarship only for students pursuing environmental studies?
No, the Elk Foundation Scholarship is open to students pursuing various fields of study, not limited to environmental studies. The organization values diverse academic pursuits.
5. Does the Elk Foundation Scholarship provide ongoing support throughout the academic journey?
Yes, the scholarship aims to support students throughout their academic journey. Recipients often receive mentorship and opportunities for involvement in Elk Foundation initiatives beyond financial assistance.