Funza Lushaka Teaching Bursary 2023
Applications for The Funza Lushaka Teaching Bursary are open for 2023 funding so apply now! Bitou Municipality Career, Bitou Municipality Forms, Bitou Municipality Training Programme, Bitou Municipality Programme 2023, Bitou Municipality Graduate Internships Programmes, Bitou Municipality Service Job Vacancies available below…
Funza Lushaka Teaching Scholarship/Bursary Opportunities 2023
“The Funza Lushaka Teaching program invites eligible applicants to apply for Scholarship/Bursary Opportunities for the 2023 academic year.”
- 28 February 2023
REQUIREMENTS For Funza Lushaka Teaching Scholarship/Bursary Opportunities 2023
“All first-time applicants must be 30 years or younger to be eligible for the Funza Lushaka Bursary. The Funza Lushaka Bursary Programme is a multi-year initiative designed to encourage teaching as a profession. Bursaries are provided to support selected students in completing a teaching qualification in identified priority areas. Those who receive these bursaries will be obligated to teach at a public school for an equivalent number of years as the duration of the bursary.”
Who is eligible to apply?
Any academically gifted individuals who are – • Current Grade 12 learners; • Graduates seeking to pursue a teaching qualification (enroll for a PGCE); • Individuals looking to make a career change and become teachers; and • Unemployed individuals aspiring to become teachers.
Prospective bursars must first secure admission at a higher education institution (HEI). Information on how to apply for the bursary can be obtained from the Financial Aid Office and/or the Faculty/School of Education at the HEI.
SELECTION CRITERIA for Funza Lushaka Teaching Scholarship/Bursary Opportunities 2023
The bursary is exclusively granted to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
• Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouses, and their dependents/children is not allowed.
• Bursary applicants must have already been accepted into either a BEd or PGCE qualification at an accredited public university.
• The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary.
• The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as specializations in the teaching qualification.
• The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
• The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, including interest in working with young people, enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching, readiness to face and overcome difficult challenges, and personal integrity. What programs will be funded?
• Bachelor of Education (BEd)
• Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) Distance education and part-time students are eligible for a bursary provided they are eligible in all other respects. Expenses covered may include tuition fees, accommodation (including meals), books and learning materials, and if possible, a small allowance for monthly living expenses. The allocation to any individual student is capped at a specific value. If the HEI charges more than the capped value, the bursars will have to top up from their own funds.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Open the e-Gov portal at www.eservices.gov.za
Step 2: Enroll by furnishing personal details.
Step 3: Access the system using the username and password established during registration.
Step 4: Navigate to the Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme under the e-Services Menu.
Step 5: Input the OTP received through the preferred channel.
Step 6: Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Step 7: Click on the 2023 application button on the dashboard menu.
Step 8: Follow the outlined steps to fill in the required fields with your information.
Step 9: Confirm the captured information by accepting the declaration.