Scholarships are a great way to help pay for college and are one of many ways that you can fund your education. University scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, leadership/participation, and financial need or any combination of these items. One of such scholarship is the Greater Texas Foundation Scholarship. In this article, we will explore every aspect of the article.
Greater Texas Foundation Scholarship
The Greater Texas Foundation (GTF) Aggie Scholars Program is designed to assist graduates of early college high school programs in attaining their degree from Texas A&M University. The Aggie Scholars Program is funded by the Greater Texas Foundation, a statewide education grant maker, based in Bryan, Texas. The Greater Texas Foundation Aggie Scholarship is a three (3) year award, payable in six (6) stipends.
A student who is chosen to be a part of the GTF Scholars program will be awarded on average, $2,000 per year. Students will also be a part of our GTF Scholars Program cohort, which will provide them with support and comradery. Within the program, students will participate in events, programs, and mentorships that will allow them to thrive and move forward confidently into their chosen career path.
Benefits of the Greater Texas Foundation Scholarship
- Earn a scholarship up to $2,000 per year (3-year maximum)
- Ongoing academic, emotional, and social support
- Assigned a peer mentor to help navigate college life
- Establish a network of professional staff support
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, a student must:
- Meet the UT Tyler Freshman Admissions requirements
- Be a Spring graduate of a Texas Early College High School (ECHS)
- Have a minimum of 24 completed college credit hours
- Have been admitted to UT Tyler for Fall.
- Be a Texas resident.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete the Texas A&M University Scholarship Application by the priority deadline
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 for college hours completed
- Intend on earning a baccalaureate degree from UT Tyler in 3 years
Students must meet the eligibility requirements listed above. Scholarship applications must be filled out on Apply Texas. Recipients will be notified through their Patriot email.
Award Requirements and Renewal
- Complete FAFSA by December 1st of each year.
- Full-time enrollment that will allow for graduation in 3 years.
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Participate in all GTF Scholars programs.
- Deadline to apply for GTF Scholarship: May 1, 2022
- Official high school transcript through Fall 2021
- Admissions Application: ApplyTexas (applytexas.org)
- Scholarship Essay (applytexas.org)
- Official college transcript through Fall 2021
- Ensure all eligibility requirements have been met.
Finally, the Greater Texas Foundation Scholarship is more than just financial aid; it is a driving force for positive change. As we reflect on its impact, encourage future applicants, and celebrate success stories, it is clear that this foundation is critical in shaping Texas’ educational future.