Higher education can be financially challenging, but the Gvsu Presidential Scholarship stands as a beacon of hope for many aspiring students. The Gvsu Presidential Scholarship, a program designed to recognize and support academic excellence.
This comprehensive guide will walk you through the ins and outs of this prestigious scholarship, providing valuable insights from application to alumni success.
Gvsu Presidential Scholarship
Gvsu Presidential Scholarship is awarded to incoming freshman students who have a 3.8 or higher high school cumulative grade point average and composite ACT score of 32 or higher or score of 1430 or higher on the new SAT combined score on the Evidence-Based Reading and Writing and Math.
Gvsu Presidential Scholarship cannot be combined with the Faculty Scholarship, Award for Excellence, or Laker Scholarship.
The scholarship award is $44,000 for Michigan Resident and for Non-Michigan Resident it is approximately $67,000. Additional amounts of $2,000 are awarded to students who are National Merit Finalists
Eligibility Criteria for Gvsu Presidential Scholarship
To be eligible, criteria like academic achievement, essay, your financial capability and curricular activities are taken into consideration. All these form the basis of your selection.
- Must have a 3.8 or higher high school cumulative grade point average calculated on a 4.0 scale
- Must score1430 or higher on the new SAT combined score on the Evidence-based Reading and Writing and Math.
- Must score 32 or higher composite score in ACT
Requirements for Gvsu Presidential Scholarship
The following are required:
- Enrollment directly from high school
- Admission to GVSU
- Full-time enrollment status
- Maintaining satisfactory academic progress
- Renewable for three additional consecutive years
- File a FAFSA for maximum consideration for grant and scholarship aid
Apply here gvsu.edu/myscholarships
Scholarship Policies and Disclosures
- If you are awarded more than one scholarship that covers the difference between resident and non-resident tuition, you will only receive this differential for one scholarship per year.
- If you are awarded a scholarship that covers the difference between resident and non-resident tuition, this differential will only apply to the fall and winter semesters.
- Renewal eligibility for each additional year is determined at the conclusion of the winter semester.
- Students are only eligible for Gvsu Presidential Scholarship during the fall and winter semesters as an undergraduate student pursuing their first Bachelor’s degree. For programs and majors that require a nontraditional academic year, please contact the Office of Financial Aid & Scholarships.
- Student’s annual award amount must be split between the fall and winter semesters. The full annual amount cannot be received in one semester.
- Grand Valley must be the first institution attended following high school graduation.
As we conclude this journey through the Gvsu Presidential Scholarship, take a moment to reflect on the significance of this opportunity. Whether you’re a prospective applicant or a curious reader, understand that this scholarship is more than financial support—it’s a catalyst for academic and personal growth.
2. Can international students apply for the Gvsu Presidential Scholarship?
Yes, the scholarship is open to both domestic and international students.
3. Is the scholarship renewable for multiple years?
Yes, recipients can renew the scholarship based on specified conditions.
4. What GPA is required to be eligible for the Gvsu Presidential Scholarship?
The scholarship has specific GPA requirements; check the guidelines for details.
5. Can the Gvsu Presidential Scholarship be combined with other financial aid?
GVSU encourages applicants to explore various financial aid options; contact the financial aid office for details.