The Mike Rowe Works Scholarship stands as a beacon of hope for individuals aspiring to enter the skilled trades. In a society that often emphasizes traditional college paths, this scholarship program recognizes the value and importance of vocational education. Let’s look into the key requirements and intricacies that define this opportunity.
Mike Rowe Works Scholarship Requirements
You will have to submit these documents to apply for the Mike Rowe scholarship program:
- Finished and certified School Cost Form.
- Attested copy of the first page of your recent I.R.S. Form 1040.
- You will have to complete S.W.E.A.T. Pledge Short Answer Questions.
- Copies of academic grades and exams, including high school, vo-tech, or college results and transcripts. However, note that authorities will not accept grade reports.
- You need to provide two reference Questionnaires.
- Acknowledged S.W.E.A.T. Pledge.
Purpose and Objective
The Mike Rowe Scholarship Program is designed to help people who may not have the best grades or test scores but demonstrate a strong work ethic and personal responsibility.
This scholarship is based on the belief that these qualities lead to success in life, not just academics. The program provides scholarships to students willing to work hard to learn a skilled trade.
How to Apply for the Mike Rowe Scholarship?
All applicants should follow the below-mentioned procedure to apply for the Mike Rowe scholarship program:
Remember, this innovative scholarship program is not for people who stay late. So be prepared
- First, you will have to register in an approved program. You can see the details of the approved programs here.
- Then you can sign up for the rewarding Mike Rowe S.W.E.A.T. Pledge. All applicants must answer the questionnaire.
- Similarly, all applicants will have to write a short essay.
- The authorities will provide the essay’s topic, which applicants must submit with their applications.
- Besides, all applicants must provide two references, preferably from their colleagues or teachers.
- Applicants should also nominate their bosses or teachers at least two referees.
Mike Rowe Scholarship Video Submission:
To gain this scholarship, candidates must provide a 45-60 seconds video titled “2022 Work Ethic Applicant-. However, note that you cannot include trademarks, service marks, or music in the video.
- All candidates will have to make and upload the video to YouTube, follow YouTube’s instructions and settings and ensure that the video is and provide the video’s URL in the application form.
- Furthermore, after providing a YouTube video link in the application form, the person appearing in the video must agree that this video can be used for advertising and promotion at any time. Applicants should also mention the same in the video. Besides, they should also mention that the rights to the video now belong to Mike Rowe Works Foundation and scholarship sponsors.
- Candidates should mention the actual tuition and fees (with supporting documents).
- Applicants must upload their high school or college transcript to showcase their results and academic performance with the application.
- Lastly, all candidates must show their financial standings when applying (with supporting documents).
Below are the details of this program:
- For the latest scholarship program, successful candidates will receive $400,000.
- Selected candidates will get a one-time award from the authorities.
- This scholarship program covers only tuition fees for a trade-related program.
- Remember that there is no maximum limit for the scholarship amount.
- The Mike Rowe Works Foundation is responsible for the program, and they will decide the number and scholarship amount.
In conclusion, the Mike Rowe Works Scholarship is more than a financial aid program—it’s a catalyst for change in the perception of skilled trades. Aspiring tradespeople are encouraged to embrace this opportunity, contributing to a workforce that values hands-on expertise.
1. What is sweat pledge?
2. How many sweat pledges are there?
3. Who is Eligible to Apply?
The scholarship is available to all U.S citizens