Nova Pioneer Apprentice Teacher Vacancy 2024
- Locations: Ruimsig, Gauteng, South Africa
- Closing Date:31st, December 2023
- ISASA – Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa
- Nova Pioneer Schools
ISASA is actively seeking exceptional individuals to join our dynamic team in empowering Future Innovators and Leaders starting in 2024! #AlwaysGrowing!
We are currently on the lookout for an outstanding Foundation Phase Apprentice Teacher to inspire and educate primary school students at Ruimsig Primary Campus in 2024. This is a thrilling opportunity for an aspiring teacher currently in their 3rd or 4th year of a BEd qualification or completing their PGCE in 2024. Join a team deeply dedicated to the development of both our educators and the children we nurture.
As a Foundation Phase Apprentice Teacher, you will collaborate with your Resident Teacher, employing an inquiry-based learning approach to empower students. Join an innovative network of schools committed to shaping the African Century by developing generations of innovators and leaders.
Key Responsibilities for This Role:
- Assist and support Resident teachers in delivering impactful, technology-enhanced, and engaging enquiry-based lessons.
- Infuse joy and a passion for learning into lessons, fostering excitement and investment in academic excellence among students.
- Contribute to setting rigorous and ambitious goals for all students, providing constructive feedback for internalization.
- Collaborate with the resident teacher in conducting ongoing assessments of student progress, adjusting instructional content based on assessment data.
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with resident teachers and Deans to enhance teaching practices.
- Actively participate in professional growth opportunities, including daily team meetings, reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organization-wide learning and reflection.
- Regularly communicate with parents through email, telephone, and parent-teacher conferences.
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity per term.
- Engage in various collaborative teams and committees, fulfilling supervision duties as assigned, including some morning, evening, and weekend events.
Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Education, entering the third or fourth year of study, OR possessing a Bachelor’s Degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
- Not qualified as a teacher at the beginning of 2024.
- Specializing in the Foundation and/or Intermediate phase, not the Senior phase.
- Provisionally SACE registered.
- English and Mathematics teaching experience or curriculum knowledge – experience in Singapore Maths and THRASS (English) is not compulsory but ideal.
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be advantageous.
Additional Requirements for Nova Pioneer:
- Valid Police Clearance (no older than 6 months).
- ID Copy/Passport.
- Work Permit (if applicable).
- SACE certificate.
- Nova Pioneer reserves the right to appoint and/or expire the posting of this advertisement at their discretion.
- If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the online form here
We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.